Virgin Money London Marathon 2020
26 April 2020
You can be a part of Team #BrainResearch 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon Team by either securing a place through the Public Ballot (now closed), or by running on one of our Charity Places. Please see details below.
Why run for Brain Research UK?
We want to give you the best possible marathon experience – so you have a marathon to remember whilst helping raise funds for vital neurological research to help so many people.
We support our amazing team of runners with:
- a special Team #BrainResearch Training and Fundraising Pack
- opportunities to meet and train with the rest of the team in the marathon lead-up
- access to expert training advice
- fundraising support from our dedicated team of fundraisers
- regular emails to keep you motivated and informed
- a specially commissioned Brain Research Running Vest
- cheerpoints along the course for family and friends
- post-race hospitality with food and a massage on Race Day!
How to get a place in the marathon
How to apply through the organisers Public Ballot?
The Public Ballot is open now closed. The Public Ballot results will be announced later in the year, at the beginning of October. If you are successful in the Public Ballot you can join the team straight away. If you are unsuccessful then there is still a chance to get a Brain Research UK Charity Place.
How to apply for a Brain Research UK Charity Place?
We have charity places in the 2020 London Marathon. To apply, please complete our application form so that we know you are interested in taking part.
We consider a range of factors when allocating our places: personal reasons for taking part, fundraising targets and plans, as well as taking into consideration those who apply to us early.
‘‘The marathon was amazing but the journey to it was just as important and special for me. Thank you to Brain Research UK for your support, advice, motivation and the opportunity to be part of something very special.”
– Lorraine, Team #Brain Research London Marathon runner